[FEATURE] Offline shop

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

We have implemented a TeamSpeak Server! Click here to check it out!

• Such things have been suggested multiple times before. Shadows point is quite valid - if someone new logs on and sees an empty map 1 they will think that no one plays in that server, to that I agree, however, Having offline shops (with the same "table" as we have now etc.) would actually be a good thing (especially if we look at it as a way to make the server even more popular).

What is more the system with opening a shop and continuing to play with the same char has been implemented in an other M2 server and seems to be working well. I do admit, however, that i haven't played on that server and that I do not have much free time to play here lately :(

So ... Shadow, please think at least about a system that wouldn't force you to keep multiple windows open, like being able to open multiple shops with the same account.

Another thing that would make me happy would be a notification system - a simple message in a chat window that an item (past X value) is sold.

Also something about guilds - they should be more involved in the gameplay imo. An option for guild storage/shops is present in all MMO games that I know of, and would make life easier

Another thing I'd like to trow - how about having some sort of gamification when vendoring things? Like the vendor gaining affection towards you and giving you mall gifts or a small discount - nothing major just something else that can bring new plls :)

Anyhow, to stop slacking about time it is, back to work i go, you see that i hope

P.S. Oh, and great work from the team and Shadow especially, kudos good sir :)

Cheers,
      Frost
    • We are working on one but we need to solve the problems that this system brings first. As asking the players to leave the greedness aside seems not to be an option.

The problems are:

1) Seeing a map with 5000-6000 shops

2) That map being blue ch1

We can bare with the "experts" of markets who will complain that the price went down, because of course the prices will go down, but the other two points are not something that we can ignore.
      Respect Game and Forum rules
      Ask support on our Ticket System

• Shadow wrote:

We are working on one but we need to solve the problems that this system brings first. As asking the players to leave the greedness aside seems not to be an option.

The problems are:

We can bare with the "experts" of markets who will complain that the price went down, because of course the prices will go down, but the other two points are not something that we can ignore.
      Me think market is alredy nice
    • Shadow wrote:

We are working on one but we need to solve the problems that this system brings first. As asking the players to leave the greedness aside seems not to be an option.

The problems are:

please don't add this feature. besides you not caring about the market, the other two problems would cause huge lags and completely ruin the gaming experience on the blue town ch1. it's so crowded already, more shops are defintely not something we should aim for.
      i remember a certain server that's very similar to metin2 sg having like 2k players on their server, yet the shops were literally EVERYWHERE. some people even opened shops next to the fishermen because the map was too full.
      just imagine the mess our huge server would cause.

of course you could add that every player can only open a shop in his or her own kingdom but what stops them from making blue trading accounts?

let's also not forget that metin 2 existed without this feature for over 12 years now and it worked perfectly fine. it's nothing but a gimmick. and i think we really don't need it.
      let's not forget metin is an ONLINE game.

if people want to have shops open for 24/7 they have to do something for it: keep their computer running. if they don't want to live with that, it*s their problem. that's at least my opinion.
    • Which is why the problem can be fixed but easily doing these things

1) Mall, so that nobody can open 200 shops, unless they spend 200 times, which is good for us :)

2) Limit on town, so that the town can't be too crowded. When the limit is reached, they must go to another town.

3) Limit on usage and cooldown, you can open the shops just for X hours and just once or twice per day

If we had a better caring community it could be for free, but since we don't these are the solutions :)

• Shadow wrote:

Which is why the problem can be fixed but easily doing these things

1) Mall, so that nobody can open 200 shops, unless they spend 200 times, which is good for us :)

2) Limit on town, so that the town can't be too crowded. When the limit is reached, they must go to another town.

3) Limit on usage and cooldown, you can open the shops just for X hours and just once or twice per day

If we had a better caring community it could be for free, but since we don't these are the solutions :)
      i don't really understand what you want to say with the first point. you have to be online for as much time as you want to open your offline shop after you went offline?

the other to points sound great. the market could spread across the 3 kingdoms or across the 3 channels (this will more likely be the case, due to the amount of players and the limited teleportation ring).
      amazing. :)
    • woohoo wrote:

Shadow wrote:

Which is why the problem can be fixed but easily doing these things

i don't really understand what you want to say with the first point. you have to be online for as much time as you want to open your offline shop after you went offline?
      the other to points sound great. the market could spread across the 3 kingdoms or across the 3 channels (this will more likely be the case, due to the amount of players and the limited teleportation ring).
      amazing. :)
      He want to say that the offline shop would be for pay in the item shop , so poeple who want to make 200 shops have to spend 200 times the money.
      My point is to do this shop for a time and with a lvl limit , like 30 per example so poeple cant do a lv1 to do shops and more shops , or u can limit this to 1 shop per IP .
      I see a private sv with this system , they have full of shops his town's but there arent any lag , so i want to think that this is not a problem , and they can modify his shop anytime they want and the shops have a time limit , so i think its not a impossible thing to do and a good improve for the gameplay of people who cant have the resource of leave the computer 24h online or play with 2 accounts at the same time.

woohoo wrote:

Shadow wrote:

The problems are:

please don't add this feature. besides you not caring about the market, the other two problems would cause huge lags and completely ruin the gaming experience on the blue town ch1. it's so crowded already, more shops are defintely not something we should aim for.i remember a certain server that's very similar to metin2 sg having like 2k players on their server, yet the shops were literally EVERYWHERE. some people even opened shops next to the fishermen because the map was too full.
      just imagine the mess our huge server would cause.

of course you could add that every player can only open a shop in his or her own kingdom but what stops them from making blue trading accounts?

let's also not forget that metin 2 existed without this feature for over 12 years now and it worked perfectly fine. it's nothing but a gimmick. and i think we really don't need it.
      let's not forget metin is an ONLINE game.

if people want to have shops open for 24/7 they have to do something for it: keep their computer running. if they don't want to live with that, it*s their problem. that's at least my opinion.
      The point of this its to evolve the metin2 , imagine what happenz when a game have the same systems 12 years , the same things , the game die... so u need to improve a game , make him evolve and bring to players new features that improve the gameplay , ALL games have to evolve.
    • LegenDxEU wrote:

He want to say that the offline shop would be for pay in the item shop , so poeple who want to make 200 shops have to spend 200 times the money.My point is to do this shop for a time and with a lvl limit , like 30 per example so poeple cant do a lv1 to do shops and more shops , or u can limit this to 1 shop per IP .
      I see a private sv with this system , they have full of shops his town's but there arent any lag , so i want to think that this is not a problem , and they can modify his shop anytime they want and the shops have a time limit , so i think its not a impossible thing to do and a good improve for the gameplay of people who cant have the resource of leave the computer 24h online or play with 2 accounts at the same time.

The point of this its to evolve the metin2 , imagine what happenz when a game have the same systems 12 years , the same things , the game die... so u need to improve a game , make him evolve and bring to players new features that improve the gameplay , ALL games have to evolve.
      oh thanks for the price explanation. but i don't think this would reduce the amount of shops that much. i doubt the team would make it like 5 kk and 1 or 2 kk really aren*t that much especially since you can put the items overpriced into the shop because the shop remains open for ever.

well, as long as it works and doesn't cause lags, i will take it back but i hardly believe it.

and yeah, it's about evolving the content of the game, the storyline, the weapons skills and so on.
      in my opinion it doesn't include revamping the whole market.

anyways, a level cap wouldnt really be an issue considering you can make a lv 55 char in less than 2 hours. that's an effort you have to make once and then you can open the shops.. not a really good solution.

a good way would be that you have to earn the amount of time the shop remains open. like online time, pve, pvp.. so people would have to work for the offline shop.
    • That's actually a great idea as it would also solve the "farm one day and sell for a weak" problem. And it shouldnt be just online time (eg. afk'ing) but acctually PvP or PvE etc.

And yes the main idea is to make the game better and more fun. Selling stuff should not be a burden. Once more i would like to point out that most MMO games have a much better and user friendly orientated market system. And to go back to the main point - if you update and optimaize a game you make it more attractive. For me, personally, the current market system feel quite outdated.

@Shadow Where does human greed come into play in this matter? Having an optimal way to sell the things you farm does not seem like greed to me. We are not asking for something that would impact the ammount of things that one can drop etc. (its quite generous as it is acctually). However, when i farm stuff i would love to be able to sell them and it only seems fair. Having to keep my PC on 24/7 does not seem like a practical solution and from my point of view, defies all logic.

From what i gather:

1 You don't want an auction house as there would be no shops and new ppl will think that the server is dead.

2 You don't want more shops as it would cause a mess in map 1 ch 1 blue.

Well make something like a market map. And make offline shop an option only there. Make a big a*s portal that reads "market map" on it in map 1 ch 1 across all kingdom and find a way to profit from that (maybe tac every opening of a shop there). Otherwise we are still investing money (in electricity etc.) to have shops but the thing is - you are not on the receiving end of the deal.

Cheers,
      Frost
    • You think that if we provide a npc who sells this offline shop system for golds, the map1 won't be filled with 4000 shops?

Or you think the players will just open 1 or 2 shops max?

That's where the greedness kicks in.

We created a market map, the majority of players were too lazy and too greed to open shops there.

Too lazy cause they had to level up to 10, which requires what? 6 minutes?

Too greed because they prefered opening on map1 blue to sell things faster, without giving any chances to the new market map.

So yes you guys are so greed that we must put things on the mall to prevent abuses.

• But the Offline Shop Bundle into the mall.

I think it can be little Expensive, like 5-10k Tec Points for 7 Days.

And with this Update you should make it, that's Shop's can only be created on Market Map.

When a Player can only open a Shop on Market Map, they will use it ^^
      :hi:
      Kingdom: Asmodia
      Guild: Delusion
      lSilvesterKINGl (Lv105 / WeaponSura)
      lSilvesterQUEENl (Lv 105 / Archer)
      BuffMausal (Lv 100 / DragonMage)

And ALL Characters in the Guild......GoAwayMyRoom.....(Kingdom: Elgoria) :shit:
    • People will be greedy. They always were, they are and they're going to be. It's our genetic flaw that had been in us since we exist.

There are few solution to solve this problem.

Estimate amount of players, multiply it by 1,25 then divde the number by 6. Now you got amount of shops that could be set in ONE kingdom or/and channel. This way people would HAVE to use other channels and kingdoms since there will be a limit to shops on single CH and one kingdom. Of course monitor amount of players and keep changing the numbers.

Make trading map but limit shops to this map ONLY. Setting shops anywhere else is impossible, only on trading map.

Make offline shops lvl restricted, item mall is a solution but it defeats the purpose because people are greedy and if it would be for example 5k TP for 7 days I can tell you only a few will use it. Making it like: lvl 65 - shop for 24 hours. Lvl 75 - shop for 48 hours. 85 shop for 72 hours. 95 - 96 hours. 105 - 120 hours. This would give people incentive to level up not stay lvl 35 and farm Map2 for 10000 hours because they could get a potential advantage due to higher level. Making it item mall only will create a situation when people who asked for offline shops won't use it anyway then TEC Team will say people wanted a feature and they don't use it.

Offline shops should be made properly or not at all and in my opinion item mall won't make people use it because as I said we as humans are greedy and nobody can change it, ever.

If you really want to implement this system I wish you good luck because there is a lot to go wrong and people might end up not liking it and not using it t all.

I think offline shop for X hours on Y level is good idea because there aren't so many people on high levels and a lot is going to be too lazy to level a single char to let's say 65 for example just to open a shop for 24 hours. Honestly I believe 65 is too low but it's only to demonstrate the issue. In my opinion restricting it to higher levels is a way to go. Someone can have a farmer and his main so he'll set only one shop not 10 as he would otherwise.
      My raid design: THE NEXUS
    • It will be mall only because everything on our server is tradable. Who can't afford mall but plays tons of hours, need just to invest some golds on odins and he can access too.

You understimate the abuse that you players can do. Before i prevented the voting of kings with more than one account, 1 player managed to level up 38 chars to 50 in what? 12 hours?

The best way to prevent abuses is that you must pay for it. If someone wants to use 4 offline shops, he has to pay for 4.