[FEATURE] Offline shop

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

We have implemented a TeamSpeak Server! Click here to check it out!

• [FEATURE] Offline shop

Hello,

My idea was about to give the chance to keep your shop online for a determinate amount of time with your client closed.

For example:
      When you open your bundle you have 2 option: 1Classic Shop, 2Offline shop

1 Classic shop: you open your shop as always, it will still running as long you keep you char online.

2 Offline shop: you'll have more options like "keep the shop for 2h /4h / 8h / 12h" after you choose the time running set you stuff on the shop and then you can close your client / swich of your pc and the shop will still running for the amount of time choosed.

I know that it's a huge change, and it will involve a lot of works to do.
      But i think it will be nice both sides, who can keep the pc on for shop and for who can't, who can will have anyway more shops to check and more stuff to buy and who can't keep shop on.. well they will (me too ^^ ) have the same chance as other players to sell their stuff.

For sure the idea still rough and it need to be refine, but pretty much that was i have in mind.

So guys let me know what you think about it.

Peace! :thumbsup:
    • Nice dream you have there, i wish it came true for all the metin2 players but i don't believe in magic anyways. The thing here is that the game has a client wich if you close it (as you wrote) the character makes 'poof!' and log off.

The times that you manage for running a shop are very dinamic because of internet connection and stability. :thinking:
      Bor mental warrior lv 90 blue kingdom

I left the game several months ago, life issues. I enter only to chat

Remember that:
    • I know that's a dream, and i can hardly belive that it will came true, but if you never try you'll never know ^^

Bor wrote:

The times that you manage for running a shop are very dinamic because of internet connection and stability.
      My knowledge on this stuff it's really poor, but i heard about a similar sistem on other MMORPG but i can't tell exactly how they works.
    • I have even better sugestion since it's should be easier this way. You should implement auction house. You know like wow one. It shouldn't be too hard i think. Cross nation also. And a mail system would be so good also. That way more ppl would choose other nations than blue and also lag in cities wpuld be minimal.
    • Arsaa992 wrote:

I have even better sugestion since it's should be easier this way. You should implement auction house. You know like wow one. It shouldn't be too hard i think. Cross nation also. And a mail system would be so good also. That way more ppl would choose other nations than blue and also lag in cities wpuld be minimal.
      And when new players will see all the town 1 empty, you will personaly explain them that here is different BEFORE they quit thinking that the server is empty?

:)
      Respect Game and Forum rules
      Ask support on our Ticket System

• Ive seen another server that has something similar to this suggestion, When you make the shop it stays where you made it, and you can continue playing on that character or logout, depending if your shop has business or not it stays open longer and if youre within a certain distance of the shop you can add/change things in your shop without having to close it, and you can collect the gold from what sold in your shop without closing it aswell..

The problem is that would be a HUGE update.. I LOVE the idea of it, seeing as how i could have ALL my shops open without lagging or when i wanna watch netflix without over-running my laptop...

Maybe one day ^^

And no i dont like the AH and mail idea... it was nice on WoW but this is metin :P

Just my 2 cent.

• Shadow wrote:

Arsaa992 wrote:

I have even better sugestion since it's should be easier this way. You should implement auction house. You know like wow one. It shouldn't be too hard i think. Cross nation also. And a mail system would be so good also. That way more ppl would choose other nations than blue and also lag in cities wpuld be minimal.
      And when new players will see all the town 1 empty, you will personaly explain them that here is different BEFORE they quit thinking that the server is empty?
      :)
      Well i don't know for sure but there should be plenty of ppl in front of auction and you would have all in one place :D
      Could be improvment, who knows :)
    • For sure there will more shops, but it wont bee necessary a bad thing.
      Anyway there are a few adjustment that i can suggest to fix this problem:

1. Lower amount of time for a shop offline: like 4H max

2. Just one possibility to open a shop offline x day for each account

3. A new item "farmer bundle"(tradable) with a low rate drop (like 1 special bundle dropped in 8/10H of farming), this bundle can open an offline shop for 5H than disappear after the use.
    • Everything works fine now, i agree with you, but i think there are other players like me that have a bad PC which can poorly handle a black screen shop + game client/program opened, or maybe have just a bad internet connection or simply can't keep the pc on all the day long for the shop. For this players is just a little bit harder to sell stuff that usually aren't sold in call chat or forum thread, like skill books, upgrade stuff, mall items and so.

Anyway i love this server, and everything it's ok as it is now, i just wanted to suggest my idea with the hope to improve mine and other players game experience ^^ .