[FEATURE] Fraction Wars

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

We have implemented a TeamSpeak Server! Click here to check it out!

• [FEATURE] Fraction Wars

Yo,

We all see what game pvp is in really bad shape, it always were actually. Kingdoms there never banalnced . NW/SW is a joke atm so something need to be done.

I saw one guy posting about Fraction wars, as sug.

So i want to go in deps how fractions wars should be organized.

1st. Removing all kingdoms, remaining kingdom will be just blue, for obious reasons. We will be one happy family.

2nd. Lets break that happy family. Lets make 3 fractions or 2 what ever number u ppls like.

3rd. How to pick ppls in fractions? After u hit lv50+, to pick fraction will be a must. But there will be some thing that would stop to get all to one. Just sug, etc. in a range of lv50-64 players there r like 300 active accounts ( active means that acc is logged one a month at least ). So 3 fraction would divide those lv50-64 player, for each 100 or 33% per fraction. That mean if one fraction get 100 ppls per lv cap, u cant join it anymore, you must pick other fraction. Same would go for other lv range players.

Its just my 1st thoughts about this, if some like to add something, do gladly we can discus about.
    • also to be honest i dont see a sense in that system.
      correct me if im wrong, but those limitations you mention here couldnt they simply made to the kingdom system we have right now?
      if i understand it correctly you say that until lv50 there will be no pvp exept free mode. thats the only thing this system would provide or not?
    • I'm playing more then 6 years here, and it never were any balance of kingdoms, blues always were most populated. What ever GA tried were completely useless, means kingdoms as such thing in metin doesnt work. So need to make other system. Ppls will never move from blues, what for? Atm GA's dont give any rewards for NW/SW, i myself didnt go in NW cuz knew it will be waste of time. And i was right, no reward at all, and who went from my giuld regreted.

Ofc there would be rewards for fractions who wins wars, maybe exp bonus, or extra hunter hour, extra 5-6 hours of moonlights event and so on, team can think what ever reward they want.

In map1 can even be set mode "Fraction", so in map1 u could kill any other fraction player on sight ( there is a safe zone ppls u can hide if u dont want to die, and its for lv50 and up).

And there is completely no sense in a system we got now, cuz no1 using it and ignoring for one or other reasons.

And ofc u could swap fraction with some mall item, but just then some1 from other fraction would want to leave it to in ur level range. And it would be like , u buy swap, u pick fraction u want to swap into, if its full u get status of "pending" and u would had to wait till some1 leave or there gets a slot. And as i told slot would depend on active player count, not from total player, cuz there r tons not active accounts.

And ofc u could be and without fraction maybe, so it would be 4 groups of ppls. But if u have fraction, u could get some bonus in ur stats, etc like +4 vs mob, +500 hp, + 5 avg res, + 3 skill res if u r in fraction. If u not, u dont get those stats, nor bonuses that gets fractions then win events.

And this is just a sug, can be done and other way arround. But we need a change global pvp system we have now.
    • Reasoning like this is not ok. You must go to the national wars, if you think already that is a waste of time then why do you players even play this game? Playing 24/7 for making golds for what? To brag that you are good against a poor AI?

The point of farming is to create pvp items and the national war is an event to show this improvment.

The system of the 3 kingdoms is not the problem of the lack of pvp, the problem is the attitude of the players. You can see on the forum that they complain because their metin was stolen by a stronger player ;( ;( ;(
      ;( ;( and instead of dealing with it they ask us to do something about it, when metin2 is like this. They are scared of wiping the floor with their butt, cause apparently losing against a player they dislike is the worse thing that could happen,

The 3 kingdom system's only flaws is that it will never be balanced but the system itself is not the cause of any lack of pvp, actually it creates pvp. Infact i removed 1 kingdom to balance the whole game and it was working, but as usual you players thinks to know better, you pressed for opening reds for so long, well now you got it :D

To be honest i can balance the game if i want to and i can have a good national wars every week, but i would need to become a tyrant, moving players against their will and force them to play in the same nation with other players that they dislike, if they don't participate to the events, we gift their accounts to somebody else (since we can do all we want because the accounts belong to us) and the balance and pvp problem will be solved.

It would be more convenient than creating a new system which will does nothing better than the current one :thumbsup:
      Respect Game and Forum rules
      Ask support on our Ticket System

• And if u move all by 33/33/34%, 1-2 year and blue will be populated and the rest kingdoms will be desert again. Cuz we know most new account r made in blue, and nothing would change in a long run.

And there r kingdom change scrolls, for any player its easy to move arround, u remove it from mall? Okey i sell my account and make new one in blues and so and so on.

But if GA wants to keep this system how it is sug is pointless.

We all love blues, etc fail map of "Market map", didnt do a thing either (shop were still made in blue map1), so means all must concentrated in blue.

And the only way, as u told u can do this balance is move all by force and divide new acc creation, by active user counts. Like making new account, like 30 etc if u make 10 in blues u can only pick red or yellow, if u pick 10 blue and 10 yellows, only kingdom would be left to pick is red.

Anyways there is 3 option, let it stay in crap situation like this. Move all by force in diferent kingdom and make system with % registracion in kingdoms, and if not active account is back and limit is up he would be forced pick kingdom. Or move all in one kingdom and make new unique system in all metin2 servers. All up to u dear coma :), we can just sug and tell our opinions.
    • Wrong i can block registrations of blues when I want to. If i force people to move i can balance the nation forever.

I can remove the scroll and forbid the sales of accounts I can do all I want to get the results that i seek. With a nice dictatorship the game would be balanced of course.

The whole point here is that you guys do not pvp not because the kingdoms are not balanced, but because

1. Pride, if you are not certain of win, you won't risk of losing
      2. Greedness, why shold you join events when you are used to slaves GM who grant you every spoils

We are not doing anything about this, because we don't think is a problem. None of you shows real concerns for the pvp, you just don't care. You care only when someone steal your farming spot or your metin (see point 2). The reason why you players are suggesting changes only NOW and i repeat ONLY NOW, is because we stopped giving the rewards XD. Is not like 4 months ago was any better. I don't recall more than 3-4 wars properly done in the past 6 months. Because you guys don't care of the pvp, you care of the reward. And even if those wars had 40 vs 2 you never complained before. Is only when we remove something that you appreciate the value of it.

If the situation stays as it is we simply remove the event, no experience for anybody, which means slower pace of the game that is a good thing business talking :) and we can just spend the week end with our families rather than stay online to run the event.

• ofc, cuz what for should i go and waste time (do i remind u that blue alwyas join, past months). But since u stoped give rewards many will in time ( all hates working for free ). And lets not talk about past and + its not players job to maintain "fun" but u GA's that getting paid by our cash. If u see something is fked up fix it, we cry, we complain, but in the end we will be forced to adjust to new things. But do something, instead saying its ur players problem for situation like this it is.

And if red and yellows dont join, it means rewards r low to do it. Cuz high lv dotn really benefit from exp bonus.

But with fraction system, as i toldu could set diferent rewards, and ppls who dont go in fraction wars, could even be kicked out of it. There are many things u could do. Just as i told, u got paid by our cash for a job ( balancing kingdoms ), why we as players do(join events) it if GA's do nothing.
    • But you are not playing for the rewards, you should play for the fun. You should not go to an event because you win the exp but to kick some ass. The fun part of metin2 is its pvp part. You don't need a reward to do it, you do it cause is fun, the reward is a bonus and the reason we removed this bonus is that you guys forgot how to have fun. Is hard to delete 4 years of bad management, but in time i will :)

We get paid to give you a working game, and the game works. Do you see any impossible bug that prevent you from playing that can be addressed to this team's fault? No there aren't.

The national war is the same since 6 years. You claim to play here 6 years so why should we change things NOW. We are not responsable for the current situation, the players are. The players does not want pvp, the players are scared to lose. The players beg the others to change nation so they can own the game.There is little that we can do about it. We can't help those who doesn't want our help.

Again the numbers of blues has nothing to do with the pvp balance. You seems to mix pvp balance with population balance, and is not the same thing. Yellows won many times despite they are 1/5 of blues, because they had better pvp players. Do you think that if we move blues into the other 2 kingdoms something will change? Except a crowd of people pissed at me, no nothing will change.

I told you already what i can do, but for example, it would be against your own interests, because you are one of those players who does not join the events, i doubt you want me to gift the accounts you use to another player who will join these events instead, right :)?

But with fraction system, as i toldu could set diferent rewards, and
      ppls who dont go in fraction wars, could even be kicked out of it.

You are quite saying to do something different and if it fails who cares. But is not the way i do things. Why should i waste my time creating a system that will not be used or that it will not change anything? It will only create frustrations of both sides. And sorry but the idea of the fractions is to balance, if i kick people because they don't join how can i balance stuff? I must wait more applications, which may not come because if they don't join... Not to mention that a new player won't know about this system and may leave the server before even giving it a chance if he just see 1 nation lol.

You know that this current situation is also because of players like you who wants to solo the game. If you take your hand out of your pockets you would realise that more team work is equal to more pvp in the long run.

Do not misunderstand, I appreciate every suggestions, but it sounds really hypocryte that you, never move an inch to improve this situation (quite the opposite if you recall the "incident" of the curse rings) but expect that the Game Masters of the game should adjust a pvp balance that is only determined by the players of the server.

• I see, so can keep blaming each sides for next 6 years, players for GA's not doing anything to balance from and GA's blaming players for not wanting pvp cuz of afraid to lose. Lets circle around another 6 years :).

And if u even divide kingdoms, u forgeting about social aspect of the game. Not many like to play then there is 1 call in chat in 1 hour.

So i see ur opinion and what u think about situation we got now. Thats all. Cuz talking more just pointless, we already expresed our thoughts/opinions about this.
    • You misunderstand or you don't want to see my point :)

We don't refuse to balance, i already told you what i can do to balance everything, but is too extreme. I simply told you that the players doesn't give a rat ass of the pvp balance, they just care now because they lost their precious 50% exp every week for 60 hours.

If we return to give this experience every week, you won't see a single post about the pvp.

Even the best system we can make will be useless if the primal reason of this pvp shortage is the player's attitude.

I will use your case as example, not because i have something against you, but weren't you saying: cowards yellows do not join the event, why can't you just have fun, and then, when they did, you did all you could to play dirty and win? Your talks are good but your actions aren't.

So once the players, will come to us with the heart and not with the pockets, we will surely work togheter to find a real solution.

• GentleFire wrote:

,,And if u even divide kingdoms, u forgeting about social aspect of the game. Not many like to play then there is 1 call in chat in 1 hour. ''

This is so true, can you at least make global chat so everyone shout and every1 see, not like every1 will buy that ring for chat, and i guess you won't lose much money (if yes than nvm).
      Make propaganda for your nation, after all you guys wanted reds, and we were good enough to give you despite we told you the server was not ready yet. You can't expect to make more changes now because you didn't listen to us :P

If you feel lonely you can always use the TS we provided to talk to the other players.

• Shadow wrote:

GentleFire wrote:

,,And if u even divide kingdoms, u forgeting about social aspect of the game. Not many like to play then there is 1 call in chat in 1 hour. ''

This is so true, can you at least make global chat so everyone shout and every1 see, not like every1 will buy that ring for chat, and i guess you won't lose much money (if yes than nvm).
      Make propaganda for your nation, after all you guys wanted reds, and we were good enough to give you despite we told you the server was not ready yet. You can't expect to make more changes now because you didn't listen to us :P
      If you feel lonely you can always use the TS we provided to talk to the other players.
      It's not fair to generalize, since i was never for red coming back, i'm for balance, even if that means only one nation. :pardon:

I'm Asmodian from the begin of Metin and im so lonely i have nobody for my own... Damn lonely word makes me so sad!

Now i wish to everyone transfer to blue, cause it's more possible than to players balance game without staff. Some of most active players are moving to blues.

Let's just see what's going to happen, I'm going to play some metin. METIN TIME :thumbsup: