About metin2 not being official

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

We have implemented a TeamSpeak Server! Click here to check it out!

• About metin2 not being official

Lately many people, especially Germans state that there are rumors of metin2.sg not being official. Ye that's true, they want to scam us. Out of joke, here is the official site of ymir and you can see which areas have licence of metin2.sg server files
    ymirgames.co.kr/game/metin2.htm

About the other thing asking why tec can modate and make their own updates, thing is that since they have bought the license, they can modify and make their own updates as if they want. Why no one asked that when they changed the bonuses on sce,aqua etc?

Stop believing rumors, if you want to play and invest here, do it.
    Have fun from a noob who is here since 2011
  • i wanna ask something , why on main page doesnt appear Ymir/Webzen Co Logo?

Before anything i think Sg is OFFICIAL,but since many player start to talking about SG was ilegal server i decide to google xd, and found many many threads about:
    1- The last post of Chris relationated with the licence of Ymir had been in 2012, and says have the licence for 3 years (2012-2015), so they have licence?
    2- Its rare but all the Staff of Sg had change since mid last year( Only Shadow/Chris/Teirusu are the same )
    3- I saw few post of BigSox(who dont know about him had been a GA of this server) talking about Sg doesnt have licence of Ymir and here had corrupcy(This is a bit relationated with 1st point)

I will continue playing SG because i love it,i played since dec of 2009 and i think is 100% Official, but just want to know a bit more about the server xD

Wish u understand, regards.
    Hiumi <3 Hope i will back any day

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hiumi ().

• ask coma of german server, "if metin2.sg is illegal why u dont close it? It run 6 years + now, why GF cant close metin2.sg?"
    If its illegal just ask webzen to close this game..easy.

From day 1 GF server coma's told .sg is illegal server and nothing changed in YEARS.
  • Does it effect you if it's official or not official? Just play the dam game, it's up to you if you invest your money in it or not. They are not asking you that ''if you play here you NEED/MUST to invest your money in here'' No. If you want you invest your money it's up to you. But it does not matter if it's official or not official, cuz from far that I know, this is one of the most updated server compared even to OFFICIAl GF that has closed their other server .CA cuz it was lack of players.

So it's up to you, if you want to play or not, but server keeps on running. Believe it or not. :thumbsup:
  • xWoops wrote:

bigsox was trashtalking about sg because he was kicked and made the wom which tries to get metin2.sg people.
    only dust left, who is ga on the other game of tec
    For germans, feel free to spend your euros here :saint:
    fail, not the ga of wom is the reason why all german's atm are discussing about sg, its one from gameforge DE german metin2 who said sg is not anymore official.