Lv 75 weapons and their attack value: Poison sword overpowered?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

We have implemented a TeamSpeak Server! Click here to check it out!

• Lv 75 weapons and their attack value: Poison sword overpowered?

Hello community, i bring today a really nice question. Why the Poison sword (lv75) at +9 has more atack value than the Grudge (lv75)? Let me show you, an image says more than 1.000 words! :

Poison sword
      Bor mental warrior lv 90 blue kingdom

Remember that:
    • Because the game was never balanced to begin with, i doubt the developers of this game took into consideration that a greatsword should be better in terms of damage than a sword.

Anyway the game's monsters has more resistance to swords compared to 2hand, so even if the attack is lower, the damage output against certain boss or monster will be greater by using the grudge.
      Respect Game and Forum rules
      Ask support on our Ticket System

• Anyway the game's monsters has more resistance to swords compared to 2hand, so even if the attack is lower, the damage output against certain boss or monster will be greater by using the grudge.

This is why we should not change anything.

The grudge is also the second widest weapon on the game, while the poison is one of the shortest, exping on horse with the grudge is more effective compared to the sword.

• Shadow wrote:

Anyway the game's monsters has more resistance to swords compared to 2hand, so even if the attack is lower, the damage output against certain boss or monster will be greater by using the grudge.
      This is why we should not change anything.

The grudge is also the second widest weapon on the game, while the poison is one of the shortest, exping on horse with the grudge is more effective compared to the sword.

Don't you think too that the lv 75 weapons were part of an obsolete PvP system created a long time ago when the epic weapons didn't exist yet and that's why the dmg of Grudge at +9 has less value than the Poison Sword?

Remember that:
    • The epics were part of the original development plan. They were released later just for marketing strategy, but everything before the Dark Dragons was made by the original team of Metin2 under Ymir.

But even if you were right, it wouldn't be logic as well to have a 2hand for pvp with less attack power than a sword.

The biggest failure on the 75 is not the grudge, you may agree with me or not, but the lenght and the resistance of certain mobs are facts, while the Lion Sword has no purpose.

The upgrade rate is the same, the upgrade items are not common since it requires pearls, but the attack power is super low. The solution to make this weapon useful is to make the poison sword Warrior / Assassin only, so that the Sura must use this weapon.

But we are 6 years too far for this change.

• Shadow wrote:

The epics were part of the original development plan. They were released later just for marketing strategy, but everything before the Dark Dragons was made by the original team of Metin2 under Ymir.

But even if you were right, it wouldn't be logic as well to have a 2hand for pvp with less attack power than a sword.

The biggest failure on the 75 is not the grudge, you may agree with me or not, but the lenght and the resistance of certain mobs are facts, while the Lion Sword has no purpose.

The upgrade rate is the same, the upgrade items are not common since it requires pearls, but the attack power is super low. The solution to make this weapon useful is to make the poison sword Warrior / Assassin only, so that the Sura must use this weapon.

But we are 6 years too far for this change.
      The unique solution right now would be having two PvM weapons (warriors case) and test it against bosses assuming that they have defense against weapons, right?

Remember that:
    • xWoops wrote:

or giving an advantage to lion so people use it more?
      By experience, unless the lion becomes much better than a poison nobody would still care. Why should you invest time or money or gold on a weapon that only 1 class can use and that is not much better than a poison which can be used by 3 classes?

Bor wrote:

The unique solution right now would be having two PvM weapons (warriors case) and test it against bosses assuming that they have defense against weapons, right?
      Same average, same target to test on and you will see which one deal more damage. But if a player farms on horseback, the grudge is more useful despite the drawback of having a bit less damage output.

• 2hands normally attack faster from horse. For RIB vs. FMS: RIB does 6 hits while FMS does 5 hits in same time. If the difference between 2hand/1hand on lvl 75 is comparable, the 2hand is still more powerful. And another +:
      The difference is only at +9. PS+6 does less damage than 2hand+6, continues to +8 I think.

Yes, different weapons have less usage because average damage rules the maximum deals of damage. On DE I use a Lion with 46avg 12dex 8str, does a little less than PS 42avg (both+9).
      Dont know how its here, but on DE I bought that LS for 1kkk while I had to pay 4kkk for the PS.

But who says that LS has to compete with PS? Much cheaper for a little less damage that makes you down a Metin 15seconds less fast.