PVP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

We have implemented a TeamSpeak Server! Click here to check it out!

• suggestion : As everyone knows our PVP events are going bad, and server lack PVP. less and less all the time , i think people needs more motivation and something more attractive should be added to the events. Starting with better rewards giving rewards always items mall stuff for every participant at N.W or S.W even BUDOKAN, because 1kk gold for winner for each fight is nothing, i think rewards should be given like 5k tp for the winners for each event , i think this way will rise PVP again like before .

Regards
    • +1 totally

Yeah same problem always. No pvp nowhere, people rather leave than fight for spots or metins or zin general Hl2.
      They lost motivation and as Bokha said , maybe better rewards for the PVP events would bring it back.

My personally opinion is that the 'Runs' made it that way. But we cant blame noone and probably is too late to change something but worth a try trough a suggestion.

Ofcourse people ignores PVP since they can farm in peace in HellRun / Plagued Run / Ice Run / Erebus Run / Devils Catacomb without being bothered by someone else. I have a suggestion on these 3 runs for a change. The only good run that can stay the way it is imo is : Dragon Run. Because theres a mob which drops the keys and people have to fight for it, so it brings PVP.

As for the other dungeons, my suggestion is that to add a Strong Boss which drops keys( red dragon ticket , a 'key' for plagued run and another key for ice run , stone of dryads) and people have to fight to enter a dungeon. So both PVP and PVM are included.

I understand tec should sell some tp too for the 'keys', but i believe they dont make too much profit with them, since we can drop the tickets for hell ingame aswell.

I understand some people are too weak to fight some high levels, but with time everyone will improve and both pvp and pvm will be active daily and in more places.

No offence to anyone but PVP would bring more action ingame, would make game alive more than anything else.

waiting for pros and cons and reasons.

take care guys :thumbsup:
      Never gave in
      Never gave up
      Im the only thing im afraid of.

HowHigh
    • Even tho i agree that something needs to be changed about pvp i dont think that making the rewards more appealing will help since we all know that PvP events arent here for us to make profit but to have fun or whatever personal reason someone has to join them.Also i dont think that main reason that people dont join PvP events or PvP in general is the reward or how expensive it is even tho it is expensive, but it is about mentality that people dont join.Some people are afraid to die, some people watch their guildmates diying in from of them and dont help because they know that they will die too, but what can anyone do about mentality everyone is how he is.Some people die and log off because they cant take it and some people revive and keep fighting.
    • they should change stats in weapons 105lvl to give motivation for people exp more lvls, people dont want getting tired to get +12 ability more. This change can should affect to different beetween high lvl and low lvl. Changes in equip can motivate people to do more pvp.
    • IMO this makes no sense because every pvp player who likes pvp, he will SPEND gold and time to make pvp, not to make profit from pvp.

Someone who doesn't like pvp will never be convinced to join pvp with one odin ring, because it takes time and much more than that to build gear and character.

I think you already know bokha, you spend tons of gold / tec just for extra boost like costumes, hairstyles etc, like most of the players do. You think others think different ? No, it's the same thing, who doesn't enjoy doesn't join.

Good intention but not effective.
    • Cerva wrote:

Some people are afraid to die, some people watch their guildmates diying in from of them and dont help because they know that they will die too, but what can anyone do about mentality everyone is how he is.Some people die and log off because they cant take it and some people revive and keep fighting.
      I agree with this 100%. I know im not the strongest or the best geared but I still join for the fun.

Nature2 wrote:

IMO this makes no sense because every pvp player who likes pvp, he will SPEND gold and time to make pvp, not to make profit from pvp.

Someone who doesn't like pvp will never be convinced to join pvp with one odin ring, because it takes time and much more than that to build gear and character.

I think you already know bokha, you spend tons of gold / tec just for extra boost like costumes, hairstyles etc, like most of the players do. You think others think different ? No, it's the same thing, who doesn't enjoy doesn't join.

Good intention but not effective.
      This is also true. If you dont enjoy PVP... you will avoid it. I know many players that only have pvm gear... its great pvm gear, but dont have any pvp at all, and are fine with that.

jureczek wrote:

they should change stats in weapons 105lvl to give motivation for people exp more lvls, people dont want getting tired to get +12 ability more. This change can should affect to different beetween high lvl and low lvl. Changes in equip can motivate people to do more pvp.
      I dont agree here. Changing items might help some people want to level and get more pvp... but if its not changed to how a player wants it... theyll simply stop pvping or stop playing here all together.

When they changed the 87-100 armors to have less magic resist and less avg resist a lot of people sold their armors and gave up on pvm. Same could happen with pvp.

bombardieru wrote:

My personally opinion is that the 'Runs' made it that way. But we cant blame noone and probably is too late to change something but worth a try trough a suggestion.

As for the other dungeons, my suggestion is that to add a Strong Boss which drops keys( red dragon ticket , a 'key' for plagued run and another key for ice run , stone of dryads) and people have to fight to enter a dungeon. So both PVP and PVM are included.

I understand tec should sell some tp too for the 'keys', but i believe they dont make too much profit with them, since we can drop the tickets for hell ingame aswell.

I understand some people are too weak to fight some high levels, but with time everyone will improve and both pvp and pvm will be active daily and in more places.

No offence to anyone but PVP would bring more action ingame, would make game alive more than anything else.

waiting for pros and cons and reasons.

take care guys :thumbsup:
      I dont really agree here, Theres not as many teams doing dungeons as you may think; or maybe im wrong. I think instead of making the current dungeons harder to join they should make a new dungeon, where the stats needed are: Demi resist, Demi-human vs, skill resist combos.... more people would make pvp gear for the dungeon + have it for raids.

>>Edit<< Maybe if there was a reward for Guild Wars or they had a way of regulating a new seige war (not as a guild war) it would be done more often. There are plenty of guilds with a good player count but refuse to do any guild wars because they dont want to lose. We did wars with Purge and Paradox just for the fun of it and it was the only two guilds where people would accept; They know 100% they will win. (This goes back to what cerva said; people are afraid to die)

Anyways just my 2 cents. :love:

• I am against any reward of PvP events with TP. There are no real gains in such a scenario, players who are the best in PvP will easily enjoy the reward. Also I find it funny a top PvP player complains about the lack of PvP without asking himself first if he is not the cause for the lack of PvP action in SG Server.

Back in May I wrote the PvP Model: Deep Causes for the Lack of PvP in SG Server which can be found in here: Metin2 SG Basics for Beginners - part 3 of the post.

No reward given to PvP events will ever encourage players to join the ranks of top PvP-ers. There is the need of a change in the whole structure of the Event System to teach players how to act together as a guild and as a kingdom. There is also the need to put the PvP items into a system that can be upgraded and increased in lv so in the end, let's say lv 120, all players will be more or less equal and they will have to use strategy to defeat the enemy kingdom instead of all kind of pendants and boosters like nowadays. Only then, maybe, but just maybe, when there is enough motivation for enough players to lv up you might have PvP. Maybe.

I can say with enough confidence such a change is not going to happen and Top PvP-ers won't ever want it to happen. Nowadays you enjoy a crushing advantage which is to be preserved at all costs. If you guys have built your perfect items and you expect others to do the same you can forget it. Is not going to happen.
    • The Market is full with stones +3 to +5, prices dropped very much in the last three months; who in the right mind would ever bother to fight when stuff is so cheap? I would't say the best in PvP will need to farm this boss but they would be the first to take advantage from it. It's a simple logic to benefit from the power you have. In the same way for anybody to become strong in PvP, the player will first have to be able to farm. If we take into consideration the last two suggestions in this thread, is the reverse logic that the player will first have to become very good in PvP before being able to have access to the runs/bosses. Now, how will this be possible remains a question yet to be answered.