Starting as a newbie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

We have implemented a TeamSpeak Server! Click here to check it out!

• Starting as a newbie

Hi, im new in this server but i've played metin a lot in other servers, my questions are.
      1: How many players playing in the same time?
      2: From the 0 is it hard to achieve something?( ill play a dragon mage)
      3: Market is good? Can i sell upgrade items , and lower lvl items easily?
      4: What do you suggest to farm in the early levels?
    • 1. cant say exact number but enough to have fun and compete.
      2. not hard, since there are some unique features which helps you alot specially in low level.
      3. yes, everything sells good.
      4. Imo, level 35 metins in map2 + metins level 60 in temple would be the best for a very long time and upgrade items like : spider web / spider eyes / demon gem+ / demon keepsake+

tc and gl
      Never gave in
      Never gave up
      Im the only thing im afraid of.

HowHigh
    • There is some item in the IS shop and it´s not very expensive, but get a guild anyways, beause it´s free.

You´ll also get lots of stuff at the start from hunt quests, so do those. Like Ebony Earrings+7, Gold Neck+7, Silver Bracelet +7 (a second one from lvl 20 quest so you can +9 one, witch i would try to do because it´s really easy to switch 20% double drop into and still have hp), you also get leather boots +7 i believe.
      And some of the normal quests are also INSANE! Like 5x exo scroll at lvl 60 = 100kk
      And you can get like 2k hp leather boots from some quest, witch is decent until you can get one with 6th/7th stat to reroll.
      wiki.metin2.sg/index.php/Main_Quests
      wiki.metin2.sg/index.php/Hunting_Quests

The reason people suggest 25-60 stones is because those stones on sg have a chance to drop green adders and switchers. Adders are not worth a lot, but nice for new players. Switchers are like 3kk each. I mean it´s obvious to farm metins in metn sure, but that´s different about sg.

I think guild land might be really nice for the early start. I started with a lot of FMS farming, but back then novice channel didn´t exist. You get more drops there, but there is only 1 novice channel, so not perfect for FMS farming. So i´d try to farm things where you don´t have to switch channels.

Also imo make an aos warrior to farm for your shaman at the start. It´s much easier. I´d actually go so far and have the first real pve weapon for the shaman be bamboo bell. Low lvl shaman is just awkward and bad as having to skill int for buffs hurts your damage and/or defence a lot on top of not having aos and a worse weapon. But you can choose to do it how you want to ofc.

Also on SG you can sell skill books and soul stones you don´t need any npc. Skill books are worth 70k there and in shops and most are not worth much more and sell slowely, but if you´re lucky you can sell crappy skill books for as high as 1-2kk as people who are close to g are often times willing to overpay heaviely for books EVERYONE sells to npcs and nobody sells. But usually most books are 100-400k, with the "obvious" exceptions.

Another thing that i find neat as i´ve just found it out. When you´re farming red iron blades, witch you might want to try as well because novice channel (that´s where i farmed with lvl 30 at events back when i started). You´ll get a lot of esoteric primers+ as well. And those are pretty worthless, but you can craft esoteric fanatic poly from 10x primer+ at the guy in map 1 you craft potions at. They also sell for like 1-3kk, witch is actually more than most red iron blades +0 will sell for. It feels like the marble is really underrated though. Savage Minion sells for more, but i don´t feel like it should having tried both. Fanatic seems to be pretty much just as good to me.

Farming mystic/legendary items might be good too. I don´t know how huge the drop buff is from novice channel. But you can drop heaven tear bracelets in DT first floor. And those with 8% chance to restore hp are worth 1kkk at +0. Though, it´s probably to random to just specifically go for just that as you probably want a more relieable way to farm. But since you are gonna need 15x deamons keepsake anyways, try your luck i´d say. But still just pick up any item, it might be worth a lot if it has good 6th 7th stat and the only way you can get those stats is by dropping the items with them.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shiu ().