Things I have noticed..

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• Mighty007

really i thought the keyboard Kilers are online 24/7

• Lacex54

This nature2k 24/7 online on forum

• PooKeR

hey <3 <3

• Moise Rares

hey girls <3

• Degmond

shadow said they'd be removed, can't see a reason to rage rly

• Lyetta

no deary @[GM]Kovach, I didn't and won't buy the pet. Now I'm gonna cry in the corner of my room.

• [GM]Kovach

Lyetta if you bought the pet with tp's, you should have it in your Mall Storage!

• bombardieru

oO

• Lyetta

the pet*. Again, I'm sorry for that. I didn't even wanted to insult you at all. xD

• Lyetta

Overall I couldn't get the mount because the quest just expired and I rage-yelled everything and I got a very justified ban, it was a very nice event. :D

• Tjepper

:thumbsup: Thanks for the event

• [CoMa]Shadow

Server on. The event is also over

• Nicki Minaj

lol wat

• Moise Rares

boy with gf looking for a 2nd one, please pm me.

• Tjepper

Hi :)

• [GM]Emory

Hello :)

• bombardieru

:))))))))))

• Moise Rares

NNN1 ;)

• Gzanu

yooo pastar <3 !

• PooKeR

Hey all 😂

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:
  • Lately I have been talking with a lot of players about the server and things they would want changed or updated.. These are some that I have seen a lot.
    I will probably get a lot of backlash or hate from this but this is my opinion based on what some other players, and myself have noticed.

Please feel free to give me feedback, If you disagree with something i wrote please say why... Make this a discussion.

• Not knowing what to farm

A lot of players are in a lull because they aren't sure what to farm to make gold. Seems the market is dying. There's are just a few things that sell pretty easily but a lot of the normal farming seems dead and the items that do sell, are still hard to sell considering their prices. (Im planning a farming tutorial type video to show easy places to farm to make decent money to try and help with this one).

• Not much want to level past 60-ish

Most people can make a great amount of money as level 35-60ish mainly thanks to green changer drops and rarity drops in v2 along with moonlights. I know moonlights drop well from any level that can farm them (mainly at lemures) but most players i know and talked to said they prefer to go on a level 60ish character because they feel they get more drops on it.

Zulrah and I did an experiment with his 35 and my 95 ; 3 different ways. He did nothing but farm map2 with his 35 all 3 times for 2 hours. I tried farming metins on new maps, tried hl2 at zins and killing bosses. Everytime the worth of everything he dropped was worth more than what i got. If you can have a level 35 with cheap gear and a nice sword and out-profit a 95 why level? Same with PVM King. I know some players who refuse to level because they would go into the next bracket of the event. The only time I made more than Zulrahs level 35 was when i farmed v2 with my level 61. Theres not much reward for leveling higher than the 60s until you're able to join dungeons.

• Which brings me to my next point; Dungeons!

This will probably be the most controversial topic. I have always been ok with the IP Block. For the most part I am still able to do the dungeons when i want, not as often as i want.. but i can still do them. But thats not the case for a lot of players. I see some players having a very hard time finding partners/groups to do the dungeons. Since the IP block the market prices of some things have gone up a lot, and i know some players who stopped doing the dungeons completely because they would spend hours looking for someone to do it. In my opinion with the server not as populated as it was a year and two years ago the IP block should be removed OR the cooldown timer for dungeons should be lowered.

• Item Mall

Seems since the way to buy TP has changed, it has put some players off of buying. (Some of my friends and guild mates have told me about this issue, I haven't purchased TP in a while myself.) You have to jump through hoops so to speak, to get to paypal purchases... Also have to register with another website. Also I have heard there has been trouble with moble pay but i dont know much about that part.

Also I have noticed a decline in game of Odin rings for sale which in turn raised the prices by almost double what they were this time last year in game. I think if a new item were introduced that would be highly valued (Similar to when the Spirit blessing was added) that more people would purchase TP. Maybe Have two spirit blessings in the item mall, one for TP at a higher price like 15-20k TP along with the 7k MP one. Or rarity add/changers.

Thank you for reading it, if you read it all. This is all in my opinion and the opinion of players I have talked to. Even with the negative things this is still my favorite server I have ever played and in no way am I trying to bash the server. I would love to see the server gain more players and stay open for a long time!!

• Yeah
    I will fully agree with you. Another reason why it is worth not to get a higher level than 60 is only main character rule on event's farming. Players with lvl 35-60 can farm a lot more on events than higher lvl's V2/V3 spiders can give them a lot stuff. This thing (low level =better profit)is a not fair...

• Yeah
    I will fully agree with you. Another reason why it is worth not to get a higher level than 60 is only main character rule on event's farming. Players with lvl 35-60 can farm a lot more on events than higher lvl's V2/V3 spiders can give them a lot stuff. This thing (low level =better profit)is a not fair...

I almost forgot about this. Yes the farming only on mains is another reason a lot of people aren't happy.

• Very Nice :thumbsup: 
    I stopped playing some months ago and i be only waiting for better Update's/Changes
    2 things are bad in my opinion

1. Dungeon IP-Block system is wrong and they need to change it.( I don't say more to this Theme, because i allready said much to this and the only thing what i reveiced was hate comment's :dash: )

2. Maybe this is for most players not important, but i am waiting now(i think) 1 Year for the New Upgrade Item's(+8, +9) for the Lv 115 Armour/Lv 80 Shoes and the new Helmet's.
    It's so stupid that you can only upgrade the Item's to +7, because +8,+9 Upgrade stuff is not ingame droppable.

Let's hope, that Metin2 SG get's great again :love:

:hi: 
    Kingdom: Asmodia
    lSilvesterKINGl (Lv115 / WeaponSura)
    lSilvesterQUEENl (Lv 115 / Archer)
    BuffMausal (Lv 100 / DragonMage)

And ALL Characters in the Guild......GoAwayMyRoom.....(Kingdom: Elgoria) :shit:

• This game is not only pvm based.

Most of players thinks: let's stay forever max 60lv, make insane pvm low level items and let's get bored and go forum and "cry" for changes (leads to quit ofc).

If you try to go higher and make some items for pvp you will need to farm other stuffs such as water crystal (king crab), magic seeds (face bone), counter attacks and manuals for weapons (HL) and list goes on and on.

There is also new forest where you can farm some upgrade materials and sell them for insane price.

If you use low lvls items, ofc you will only need green changers and they will sell alot and fast.

The main problem here is:
    1. People stay low lvl and quit on low lvl
    2. People here mostly enjoy only pvm (unfortunately)

It is your choice to stay low level, but don't complain if you are limited in making gold or whatsoever.

Sorry for post owner, had no time to read whole post.

Forgot to mention, the farm list I made, doesn't need insane pvm items to be able to farm them.

"I am not lost, I am on my way!"

• Thats part of the problem, most people want to stay low level and the higher levels are getting bored, i feel like if changes are made that players who quit would come back and more new players would join.

This time last year there were a lot more people farming the higher level things like you were saying, and now its rare to find some of them, and when you do find them the prices are insane.

I myself have characters of all levels to farm whatever i need and for the most part i can, but it seems lately that no new players want to level, and theres no incentive for them to level.

• For sure there are less players online than some months ago, it is pretty much easy to notice. For sure there are many items on the market and the prices are quite high. For sure there are many players which don't have great sales lately, but where is the problem in these situations?

I noticed a contradiction in the first post in here, a lower lv char drops many items with a pretty high value compared to, let's say a lv 90+ char; in the same time the items don't sell because the market is dead. So which is which?

Let's put the things in a broader context. All items here exist so players can progress in game. While some players choose to stop for a while (or forever) at a certain lv, others keep lvling up, making new items and so on. In this process new items are farmed every day, some are used and some other are sold. When the server population is increasing, the demand for upgrade materials, changers, adders, you name it is also increasing. After a while, the sales will stagnate and later on will decline. It is normal, because players made their items, so they don't need more. At this point, they should lv up but many don't and i will argue this is because our event system doesn't create incentives for players to work together and lv up together. We pretty much have rewarding single player events in a community of players. So, everybody is for himself/herself.

IP block was the first solution in forcing players to work together inside dungeons, therefore removing the single player feature. No offence, but whatever you think about removing it, I am against it. IP block lowered the quantity of items in the market and helped increasing their value.

Updates are one of the two mechanisms that keep market alive. The other one is PvP but i wrote PvP Model and i'm not insisting on it; I got no questions related to my writings so either everything is clear or players don't care about PvP. So, we don't have too many updates. After Enchanted Forest and Erebus Run things got better, especially with IP block in place. 30% stones+6 were 200kk+, now they are around 160kk. Is difficult to find 80% stones +6 nowadays so I won't insist. No updates, everybody made their items so sales will decline.

Odin Ring price is...how to put it...who in the right mind buys odins at 50kk? Are those guys serious? I rather buy a small amount of TP myself than paying that much. And there are quite a few sellers so it's not the lack of odins that keeps the price high. Odin's price started to increase when Tec made 10% cost reduction on items in the Mall. But my opinion is that Erebus Run is to blame for it: when in 3 or 4 out of 5 runs you get 17kk each player, those players will buy odins no matter the cost of it because they can afford.

I am pretty sure any of you can maximize the sales by putting in shop only what players will buy at a decent price. I was told many times I sell too cheap but I don't care. It is way better to make some money than no money at all.
    A change in the mentality of players to start lvling up and start doing PvP is not going to happen. You will have to keep repeating that to everyone interested and maybe somebody will become receptive and will lv up and start building PvP. At this point there is no solution. The event system must be changed, the PvP system must be changed, new runs are required. I am not having much hope tho.

• I agree with most stuff, except a few things. For e.g leveling to max level is a long term goal for me, I really don't care about PvM king event, and farming, since I can just farm with a farm character -which is only forbidden during events-. So why shouldn't I level my main if I can have a lv 35 farmer.

Also it would be great to be able to buy TP via SMS.

Also most item shop prices are really high right now, compared to a year ago, so I think playerbase is still fine.

• I feel like they need to add more pvp events and some sort of ranking system outside of budokan. SG was always a pvm-oriented server and not much has changed. The only pvp event outside of budokan which barely has any participants lately anyway, is NW/SW which are aimed for high lvl players anyway. I'm sure they can come up with some interesting events or w/e for the 35-75 area.

I've been away from the server for too long to comment on the market thing, but it was definitely a shock when I saw the market prices. Some tweaking must be made somewhere. The moonlight drop is really unbalanced rn. Outside of v2/v3 and lemures etc there is literally no good place to farm them, meanwhile you can get 800-1000 boxes/h @ lemures.

• IP block was the first solution in forcing players to work together inside dungeons

You should know that when there is the word force in the "solutions" to improve the game thats not really an improvement thats the reason population is decreased players are way too forced just imagine what a new player would think if he was coming here during an event and was watching the event thread its a game after all,way too many restrictions.

• You should know that when there is the word force in the "solutions" to improve the game thats not really an improvement thats the reason population is decreased players are way too forced just imagine what a new player would think if he was coming here during an event and was watching the event thread its a game after all,way too many restrictions.

So players being able to casually farm 1 kkk in a matter of days just doing some dungeon runs was ok? Population just decreased because suddenly the solo maniacs weren't able to afk farm the dungeons and tons of kkk anymore. Can you name those too many restrictions btw?

The game must be a girl cuz im always in it.

• i would make leveling FEELable faster till 95
    (making lvl 90 shouldn't be pain, many people dont want to invenste much hours just in leveling )
    add some stuffs you can craft in higher levels you drops from metins start from red wood and higher ( i dont know maybe rings you can craft that duration have 6-24 hours with strong monster or vs animal/esoteric/undead and so on just as example or extra drop yang or whatever)

higher lvls= faster bio cooldown, more success chance in soulstones, skillbooks

alchemy dropable from metins and boss monsters in 90+ map

red changers craftable through drops from metins lvl 60 to 90 for equipment lvl ( max 5-10x a day =

The post was edited 2 times, last by beckmann ().

• Hmm but i thought that the IP block rule was applied so we all have better game experience , better team work , more fun while in runs use ts to talk to each other while in runs making the game an actual mmo game and not singleplayer.By saying that you imply that this wasnt the reason this rule was applied, i personaly didnt see any team member saying what you say that they applied this rule because players were making too much gold.

• @Cerva the IP block is a technical solution to force players to do what they won't do if requested. What was in the past 20-25kk now is 50kk (flame key) so it's pretty much a win-win. It used to be 70kk+ so I won't complain too much if I were you. Also, to be fair, let's mention the Orc maze, which was designed for low lv players. Should I remind everyone here what we did with it? Let's say Tec was forced to move the green changers and adders on metins lv 25-60 in the hope new players will benefit from what was designed exclusively for them. Also few more examples of who forced whom:

• stun-lock in pvp was changed in order to give PvP a chance; many players complained about the change so Tec had to re-work it in order to satisfy all parties involved.
    • farn with main only during events rule which also upsets many players was designed to give new players a chance to find a spot to farm without being killed by us, to lower the amount of drops in order to maintain a certain value of those items and to improve the Item Mall sales in order to keep the server alive.
    • the introduction of rarity system forced players to enter in a new competition for items.
    • the requirement for sin and mage on dungeons is forcing players to find new partners, thus giving a chance to those who don't enjoy being warrior/sura.

There are two type of players here: those who adapt to the changes and those who argue against the changes. One must wonder why Tec is forcing players and why players do the same to Tec? Let's not use double standards here, I don't think the community is blameless and Tec-interactive is doing the best to send players away. If you want, I can answer in a future post why sometimes the server has large fluctuations in players' number.

• hello everyone.

IP Block wasnt the best solution. And we dont talk about the prices, its not that what matters, if it was 25kk before and now 40kk that doesnt show me by anything that the game works better. Giving myself as example, last days even today , asking for a partner for hellrun or plagued run and couldnt find any in 1hour or 2. But my case is happy, because I have alot of time for the game, unlike others. What would someone like, giving example one of my friends that doesnt have much time for game, Fredy. If in 2 hours, cous thats all he has to spend for the game, he cant find any partner, then for players like him IP Block is very wrong.

Also 1 more thing about IP Block. Theres a limit ingame, lets call it X. We high players reach it, and to go over that limit is almost impossible and in some cases totally impossible. Anyone that reach that X can fight us and handle us in pvp/pvm. Personally I know some crazy players, that in short time could reach the X if they manage to get items for a run like HellRun/ Plagued Run. But guess what? They depend on someone to help them in order to become stronger, so that keeps them very late on their evolution. Without IP Block the hardcore players will always reach the limit faster than with it. But thats just my opinion.

There s no competition on pvp.

Its true theres no competition, and thats not because of the rewards. In my opinion it happens for 2 reasons. But I dont wanna blame noone.

1. Some players thinks they have a 'name' and losing to someone that also thinks he has a 'name' would dirty his name and will make him look weak or worse.

2. Server has old players( old by age ), which just login to chill after work, do some runs with old friends, being careless about competition, just killing the time.

hope for the best, take care everyone

Never gave in
    Never gave up
    Im the only thing im afraid of.

HowHigh

• So players being able to casually farm 1 kkk in a matter of days just doing some dungeon runs was ok? Population just decreased because suddenly the solo maniacs weren't able to afk farm the dungeons and tons of kkk anymore. Can you name those too many restrictions btw?

Maybe the problem is the high level dungeons, i dont know anyone making tons of Gold from plagued, orcmaze or even DC. Sometimes you get lucky and get sce but ive done 30-40 runs in the past month or so and got maybe 3 soul crystal accessories..

Maybe the solution is IP block on only the higher dungeons like Hell, erebus and ice? just an idea

• Maybe the problem is the high level dungeons, i dont know anyone making tons of Gold from plagued, orcmaze or even DC. Sometimes you get lucky and get sce but ive done 30-40 runs in the past month or so and got maybe 3 soul crystal accessories..
    Maybe the solution is IP block on only the higher dungeons like Hell, erebus and ice? just an idea

You made with Plague and DC the same/Or more gold as with Hell and Ice(without IP-Block)

For me is the IP-Block Problem, I have very much time every Day to play, but to find Players at Night or Morning or under the week to make runs every Cooldown is not possible.
    Before the IP-Block i made 5 Plague runs(and some Hell/ice/DC Runs) every Day, now is this impossible.

I made also the Spider Run at v3/ because i wanted to know which items are in the Spider Box.(You will never find a Player to make this run now :rofl: )

Maybe Remove IP-block and lower the Droppchance from the Item's(like FlameKey from 100% to 50% ^^)

:hi: 
    Kingdom: Asmodia
    lSilvesterKINGl (Lv115 / WeaponSura)
    lSilvesterQUEENl (Lv 115 / Archer)
    BuffMausal (Lv 100 / DragonMage)

And ALL Characters in the Guild......GoAwayMyRoom.....(Kingdom: Elgoria) :shit:

• Maybe the problem is the high level dungeons, i dont know anyone making tons of Gold from plagued, orcmaze or even DC.

Ye I do not know but the math seems quite simple. Take a player who could solo the plagued (with his own chars) multiply that with whatever 5x 6x number then by the whatever "x0" number of days that was possible before IP rule then the hell runs ( I can name like a few ppl who could solo even hell run in th good old days ) and you will end up with, pardon my french MOTHER F$!@$ TONS of gold. ( this just by doing these dungeons a few times a day ). Which brings us to my point number:

69. This is why there is no effing pvp on the sever. How is one solo player who just starts supposed to even come halfway close to where a 110+ with 12581 mains triple the previous number ammount of wons and so on. Nope... stop dreaming and making up excuses. Better rewards? For who those who already have? Ye, we saw how well that went for 2+ years of ppl joining budokan with their alts and friends ;) and all stated and not stated above.

Anyway this is just my opinion.

Sorry not sorry, take care.

The game must be a girl cuz im always in it.

• Im not talking about those who were doing the run nonstop with 3 sins and 3 buffs so they could get around the cooldown, Im talking about normal farming of the dungeon.

Also not suggesting changing any of the rewards... im suggesting some changes to the dynamics of the server that may bring back old players and make the server more appealing to new players.

Maybe instead of IP block why not make more characters needed than just sin and buff?

Who would want to start on a server knowing they

• must find someone else to do a run (some players dont have time to play as often as others)
    • no more than 2 chars in dt
    • during big events you can only farm with your main
    • moonlights only drop well at lemures and if youre not a top player you will most likely get killed and your spot stolen
    • no chance at new players to farm map2/valley if they don't use novice; they will get Ksed or killed with no repercussions

I am in no way bashing the server here but it just seems theres so many rules on the server we aren't gaining many new players and the older players are dropping like flies.