Things I have noticed..

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

Shoutbox

• Sedentarius

y-yes senpai. Me.. but still nothing as you see

• Gzanu

some one here ?

• samlam1998

wtb bsa+9 with ss+5/+6 or aqua with ss+5/6

• TATAEaC

yes , but i ve never got acces to that server..... anyway... thank you...

• [CoMa]Shadow

You got the answer yourself, if you have an older account you are not a novice, and the channel is for novices :)

• TATAEaC

i ve never been accepted , i tried on my older account, but... never accepted..

• [CoMa]Shadow

There are no requests, if you can log you have been accepted, otherwise refused

• TATAEaC

Can you please verify my account for the NOVICE server? i really want to get the acces!

• TATAEaC

Hello there! Shadow? you are GA , no?

• Meyana

Love the update for DSS. Half the time I forgot to do the quest and now ive dropped about 10-12 cuts and 10+ rough. Thanks for the awesome update!

• DonKill

Okay Grazie exst ;)

• [CoMa]Shadow

I already answered you, the drop is visible ingame, click on the ? near the monster's name to know which one drops what

• DonKill

Oh okay.. but also the monsters of metin 70 will drop cor? ( i mean in demon tower )

• [CoMa]Shadow

As we said the drop is optimazed to grow as your level grow, so don't expect to over farm at 35

• [CoMa]Shadow

The drops are visible ingame, make a tour of the map and analize all monster's drop information

• DonKill

At lv 35 where can i go to farm some alchemy?

• [CoMa]Shadow

Consider that boss and runs still doesn't have the drop active, yet

• [CoMa]Shadow

For those who doesn't play the game actively but just logged to do the quest, is obviously lower, but for the others is higher

• [CoMa]Shadow

Considering that over 700 are Cut drops, which is worth like 5 Rough, the drop rate is more than doubled

• [CoMa]Shadow

The amount of stones gained yesterday using the old quest, were little above 4300. Today, not even 18 hours later, 7389 drops from monsters.

• :thumbsup:
  • :airborne:
  • :assaultrifle:
  • :banned:
  • :bday:
  • :beer:
  • :blackeye:
  • :borg:
  • :censored:
  • :chainsaw:
  • :chinese:
  • :chrome:
  • :cookie:
  • :crazy:
  • :dance:
  • :dash:
  • :dead:
  • :doofy:
  • :evilgrin:
  • :fie:
  • :gamer:
  • :golly:
  • :growup:
  • :grumble:
  • :hail:
  • :hi:
  • :hmm:
  • :huntsman:
  • :ill:
  • :lol:
  • :miffy:
  • :minigun:
  • :misslelauncher:
  • :modo:
  • :monster:
  • :ninja:
  • :nono:
  • :oops:
  • :pardon:
  • :phatgrin:
  • :pillepalle:
  • :pleasantry:
  • :popcorn:
  • :puke:
  • :pump:
  • :rocketlauncher:
  • :rofl:
  • santa
  • :search:
  • :shit:
  • :sniper:
  • :spiteful:
  • :stick:
  • :stopping:
  • :thinking:
  • :this:
  • :topicclosed:
  • :vain:
  • :wayne:
  • :wbb:
  • :werderw:
  • :xeno:
  • :zombie:
  • :)
  • :(
  • ;)
  • :P
  • ^^
  • :D
  • ;(
  • X(
  • :*
  • :|
  • 8o
  • =O
  • <X
  • ||
  • :/
  • :S
  • X/
  • 8)
  • ?(
  • :huh:
  • :rolleyes:
  • :love:
  • 8|
  • :cursing:
  • :thumbdown:
  • :thumbup:
  • :sleeping:
  • :whistling:
  • :evil:
  • :saint:
  • <3
  • :!:
  • :?:

• the first 3 points need some reworks

point 4 .. hmm some little changes, like lemure and all other maps that are on other servers for lvl 90, maybe should be here too lvl 90, and in low lvl could make moon a bit better, so low level and high lvl have both advantage of it

nr.5 is on every metin server same, new players need avoid it and find other ways to make money

• the first 3 points need some reworks

point 4 .. hmm some little changes, like lemure and all other maps that are on other servers for lvl 90, maybe should be here too lvl 90, and in low lvl could make moon a bit better, so low level and high lvl have both advantage of it

nr.5 is on every metin server same, new players need avoid it and find other ways to make money

Is hard find a partner for runs cuz usually players are looking for guild members and friends.maybe they should invite from other guilds too.
    During big events u can use ur farmer in dt from second floor. That was a win for low and high lvls too.
    Lemures is not the only spot with good drop for moons.thunder has also great drop and is always free.
    Adding ip block just for high levels is crazy.all players from server should have same rules, no matter their level.we all play same game.

• right right.

then remove IP Block and forbid skipping cooldown .D
    since the community is small can be checked easy.

Never gave in
    Never gave up
    Im the only thing im afraid of.

HowHigh

• Is hard find a partner for runs cuz usually players are looking for guild members and friends.maybe they should invite from other guilds too.During big events u can use ur farmer in dt from second floor. That was a win for low and high lvls too.
    Lemures is not the only spot with good drop for moons.thunder has also great drop and is always free.
    Adding ip block just for high levels is crazy.all players from server should have same rules, no matter their level.we all play same game.

When i said keep the ip block for high levels it was more of a joke..

As an assassin i get asked 10-15 times a day (sometimes begged) to do runs with people. I don't mind doing them BUT if i have someone who i don't know well and one of my friends asking me, of course i would rather go with my friend.

Yes being able to use farmers in dungeons during the big events is a nice boost and change but as someone who was able to use other characters to farm for events before this rule was implemented, i just don't see the need for it. On easter i used a level 21 because only 2 other people were killing the low level metins on map1. I also went farming on my map2 character because everyone was leaving behind regular metins, so i killed those + the event metins. For euro event, i did my normal farming in v2 (for gold upgrade mats and herbs) and just got the euro ball's along with it.

The few who did camp others and steal new players spots ruined it for the rest of us who just want to play the game we have always played it.

Where on Thunder is a spot like lemures? I have tried many different places but they just seem to be a waste of time =/

• I would like to know, whats the Tec-Team say to this Thread :stick:

:hi: 
    Kingdom: Asmodia
    lSilvesterKINGl (Lv115 / WeaponSura)
    lSilvesterQUEENl (Lv 115 / Archer)
    BuffMausal (Lv 100 / DragonMage)

And ALL Characters in the Guild......GoAwayMyRoom.....(Kingdom: Elgoria) :shit:

• I would like to know, whats the Tec-Team say to this Thread :stick:

Not to put words in any of their mouths... but we will probably be told that we are selfish for wanting the ip block gone. I hope not but that's how i feel some will see this. Its been said on other posts similar to this one.

The dynamics of metin have just changed too much here and the more rules and stipulations we have to abide by to play here, not many will want to deal with it.

In my opinion changes need to be made or we will never increase the numbers on the server :/

• Most of the things on this thread are correct and we can state them as facts and you all know how i love facts compared to rumors or psycho theories :)

The playerbase is lower than it was months ago, but still decent. Without a doubt the ip block and the farm with your main rule made old players quit but it did not affect the new players. If you think about it, someone who starts today couldn't care less if he can't solo a level 70 or 100 dungeon and he has certanly no time to waste on creating 238474 farmers, he has his main, maybe his buffer and shopper and thats it. So these rules doesn't affect him, at least not in the first weeks of his gameplay. Of course you can have your opinions and think i am just telling nonsense because the friends who you invited did not come after knowing about these rules, but you should also think about the way you described the rules or the server to them :)

We run a pool by email for the new registered single ip accounts, around 300 and there were several reasons listed of why the server was not appealing. Ignoring the "server is too hard" and "i don't have much time to play" which are respectable opinions that however i don't agree, as this server is easy and well every game requires time, the two main reasons of the quitting spread were the community, defined as cancerous by many pools and the fact that the players couldn't gamble properly.

For the lattest we can't do much, if someone who starts today wants stones +6 and all +9 legendary tomorrow, well... prepare to cry or prepare to spend. For the first, I see many of you on the forum agree with the fact that is certanly not the best community to have.

And these reasons leads to the changes we had. We only make changes when things aren't going well. The farm with your main (ONLY DURING MAIN EVENTS) rule was to protect the new players who were bullied, yes the word is bullied is appropriated, by some overpowered farmer.

The ip block was created to solve several issues:

1) Maybe by forcing team play you would be less assholes to each other since you actually need each other.

2) It would stabilize the prices of certain rare items, which it happened, most of you think at it as a bad things, but is actually the opposite.

3) It would prevent people from getting bored of the game, getting social with other players kinda force you to play the game

4) This is not really a reason but was funny to see the people who complained the runs were buggy or the server was because they always disconnect. Now they thank us for fixing the runs, when we did nothing cause the problem was that their computers couldn't handle two clients at the same time, but hey you are welcome :D

Back to the topic, when we will find better solution or we see an improvment on how the community acts to newcomers (we often see insults to new players asking them to go back to the server they played before SG), we will certanly remove these restrictions. Obviously suggestions like making the runs harder won't work, who plays here 7 years will still manage to do them solo, while who just started will face crazy hard run that they can't face. Even lowering the drop doesn't work for the same reason, after half server dropped milions of run's items.

Before passing to the other hot topic, I will say my 2 cents on the market, since is related to the population. Less players, less demands, means lower price. Lower your price if you want to sell, don't expect to sell at the same price of months ago, you just can't.

The other topic is PVP.

Again my 2 cents on the topic, I consider it as a fact thou. We have helpers and players who are not helpers but still share things to us to help us. During national wars, we often see screenshots taken from the guild chat where X player ask if in the map is Y Z A B or C, if they are there, he won't join.

The server lacks PVP because of the EGO. Because dying is not acceptable, dying at the hands of someone you hate is even worse. Again we return to the bad community topic. There is little we can do, except not giving the experience bonus when the nation doesn't show up with good acceptable numbers. Your ego is more important than the EXP, this is the message you give it to us and we respect it. You should respect the decision too, but thats another thing.

What TEC did to improve PVP?

1) We tried to make all class viable or we started doing it. The first thing we did was to remove the stun lock which made certain class a sparring doll, taking hits unable to move. For some weird reason and also funny one on, a server where the assassin is the class played the less (cause everybody has a buffer), everybody was concerned and complained about the 3X spinning dagger. It is really hilarious to hide the real reason, magic class were owning the overpuplated sura + warrior cause they stopped being sitting dolls.

But ok, we found a compromise and adjusted the stun lock, more work for us, but less hatred from you :)

2) We created the Siege Arena. We thought that maybe was not the Ego the problem, maybe was the unfair system that Metin2 has, you need years to make items, you need hundreds of rolls to get competitive bonus and you are no match to those who have perfect stats. Well no problem, with the Siege you start with the same items, the same skills (yes we managed to alter the damage of the skills as if you all have M5 instead of G or P or 5), and the addition of power ups, you farm coins on the siege map to purchase power ups, is more tactics and team play than any guild war on any metin2 servers.

Sadly it was not appreciated, yes we received some feedback and suggestions, but were all obvious changes, like the HP of the Towers, which were low on purpose to test the event, the community was not interested on it, maybe the idea was not good or maybe is still the fear to lose, who knows.

Is quite funny that you were all eager to pvp with newcomers (killing a 30-35 with your 100 and calling it pvp is quite funny indeed) to steal their metins/loots, but run away from those who are on your league.

If you recall certain players were suspended since that was not pvp at all and we have a rule for that, and despite the usual hatred on my persona, who was suspended had other characters to play with, but i suppose was a matter of pride and ego once again. The idea i was trying to give was not that new players are more important than old players, was that if for some reasons old players quit, you must have fresh blood to take their place, otherwise it ends up creating threads like this one :)

Oh my, I hope you guys will read all this. Ok just few lines. We don't think players are selfish when they suggest stuff, we might think that when your suggestion is not granted and you act as if we stole something from you, is a suggestion not a command, this is really important, because this attitude is not ok and I see this often on the tickets, someone get called noob and he demand a permanent ban, you guys don't decide bans first of all, second of all just because you used 5 minutes to write a ticket, it doesn't have to go your way, we used 5 minutes of our time too to read it.

Last thing, suggestions regarding the drops from metins of red blue or pink changer will never be granted. Changers are the main source of money for the server, so they can't become too viable like greens, which by the way were implemented to hasten the first levels and not to become a source of golds or a reason to be greed.

Thanks for reading this.

• Very Nice Answer Shadow :)

Before Ip-Block i was never bored at run's alone(and i made thousends of them), but now i get bored to search people(waiting that Friends coming on)

Because how will you share dropps with a unfamiliar Player.

like DC, You dropp 1 Box, how will you share 1 Box with more player's, most people have not time to make every time 2 runs.

Next is 1 is Attacker(he need's Good EQ,Potion's,Poly Marble's,....) the 2nd is Buff(need only int EQ)

One wasting much money to succes the run the other have to use nothing.

Idk the right solution now, but i will think about it :P

ty for the answer :D

:hi: 
    Kingdom: Asmodia
    lSilvesterKINGl (Lv115 / WeaponSura)
    lSilvesterQUEENl (Lv 115 / Archer)
    BuffMausal (Lv 100 / DragonMage)

And ALL Characters in the Guild......GoAwayMyRoom.....(Kingdom: Elgoria) :shit:

• Sorry if some of my answers were a little long but thank you for reading through and replying. I would like to talk more about what we can do to repopulate the server and what could change to better the players both old and new.

I started this thread because I talk to a lot of players (old and new) and these are the main complaints of the server and things many players would like to see changed or updated and to see what others thought; that I did not get a chance to speak to about these things.

Had to delete some parts of your post (in white) Too many characters; wouldnt let me reply xD

• That depends on people :D depends on how greedy u are and so on. xd
    Personally when doing runs with random people i do the hard work, using my poly and giving 50% of the drops.
    Only when doing with with friends we share 50/50.

As for the example with box of DC. Sell whats inside and share 50/50. its simple.
    We all know eachother since the community is small . Cant get cheated imo

anywayyy cya around bb XD

Never gave in
    Never gave up

HowHigh

• The majority were bored and you can't expect us to deliver updates or new contents every month.

As i listed it was not just the boredom the issue, a toxic community is never good and the solo attitude that most of you guys have is one of the reasons, the other is poor education from parents I suppose :)

Cmon when you were active was impossible to find you ingame and NOT in a run and now you claim you don't have time for two xD?

But jokes aside, even if you don't have time today, the next day you can do another run and split 50/50. Yes he might be a stranger, but he might be a good partner if you give him a chance. Isn't absurd that most of the people who posted on this thread lost items or even characters due to sharing because they trusted a complete stranger after the "hello", and they can't try to do a run with them now because they are afraid of losing 30 minutes?

You shouldn't do these stingy calculations, you both are needed to do the run, split 50/50, otherwise one run you use the warrior and he use the mage, the next run he use the warrior and you use your mage, lets not fool each other, everybody use a buffer and everybody has a damage dealer nowdays.

And unlike other servers or Metin2 in general 7 years ago, you don't drop just a box anymore :P

• That depends on people :D depends on how greedy u are and so on. xdPersonally when doing runs with random people i do the hard work, using my poly and giving 50% of the drops.
    Only when doing with with friends we share 50/50.

As for the example with box of DC. Sell whats inside and share 50/50. its simple.
    We all know eachother since the community is small . Cant get cheated imo

anywayyy cya around bb XD

"Personally when doing runs with random people i do the hard work, using my poly and giving 50% of the drops."
    That's the part i have an issue with. If i need 2 poly for a run, i ask they give one and most of the time they would rather not do the run than to help make it happen. :pardon:

I don't mind splitting the drops 50/50 but I don't want half of my reward to go towards buying whats needed for the next run. I think most people are like-minded in the fact they would rather do a run with a friend than someone they don;t know well.

Edit: most on the server know the situation in yellow when one person dropped 8avg poison sword in a run but didnt split it because "it dropped in my name"... Id rather not go through that.

• @Meyana , yeah i understand. Thats why i prefer to get less by spending 1 more poly but still do the run. Better than nothing overall. Lets say share 40/60 , the 40% still enough.

Never gave in
    Never gave up

HowHigh

• good post,shadow.. but I just have a huge question mark on this..

I’m talkin about orc maze..
    I’m just wondering why did TEC wasted time programming such a dungeon if u guys would add the dungeon’s rewards on metins lv 25-60..

I know,I know... U guys made a lot of topics about this.. I don’t get it tho..

Orc maze is COMPLETELY dead.. it’s likd ur adding flame keys and pearls in lv90-105 Metins.. no one will farm the dungeon anymore.. so I just wanna know.. What’s the point of Orc Maze nowadays??

Also, not to mention the fact that nowadays beginners want to stay as 35.. + a lot of high lvl main “bullies” in map 2 ,valey and dark temple to farm green changers..and they do not even try to build a better eq for stuff like orc maze..

• @AstonJunior you probably will get answer about palm of critical /pierce buff drop. But nobody will waste his time to farm few critical/pierce buff .So i also going to suggest to add some items to orc maze drop.

• Yeah, Zulrah and I used to love doing orc maze but its just useless now it seems. Yes the palm of crit/pierce are nice but theres no garuntee youll even get it.

Also i dont know anyone who is going to do it for Orc Stubbornness to upgrade level 30 weapons.

• Orc maze was a good idea, things just changed rather fast after it got released. It just needs a rework imo, it shouldn't be that complicated.

I hope it doesn't get forgotten tho.

Oh i agree, if there was a rework I think it would be great. Its a pretty fun dungeon and even with enough new players im sure they cam complete it.

• The run was created to help new players, progressing on this old game and on this old server, as 6-8 years are hard to catch up with the unfair system that Metin2 has.

When we noticed that the players with high level abused it, abused the cooldown, abused some bugs, started to stock up greens just to make the price high, we decided was better to put the greens on the metins, because the idea was to help the new players and honestly a new player couldn't afford to buy the overprices greens.

That Dungeon is for new players and if we will change it one day, it will be when a new player will give us some feedback, not you Aston, no offense, but you have tons of Dungeons to play with.

The point of that dungeon nowdays is if you can't find a metin or if you look 30 minutes and find zero changers, there is a garanteed run that drops at least 3 of them.