Should i play on this server?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hey there, welcome to the Metin2.SG forum, here you can find a lot of interesting stuff, why don't you register your account? It only takes a minute! Click on the "Forum Login or forum-register" button on the top-left corner!

We have implemented a TeamSpeak Server! Click here to check it out!

• Should i play on this server?

Hi guys i am old metin 2 player back in 2007 i played on US server but i saw that it got shutdown...i am thinking to come back into metin 2 but i see that there is gameforge server and this one, i do not like gameforge i never like that company... just wondering is is worth to start playing on this server? i cant see any updates on website and forum is empty? how is game population here?also there is no facebook page for this server is it official?
    • marianne wrote:

well this server is official and for the other question you ask, gm or ga will answer you, probably :P

is it worth playing here? at sg? yes ofc, i started to 0 back 2 years ago and i still enjoy it until now. the events, pvms,pvp,community is just awesome. the forum is empty because its new, the old one is shut down.
      forum.metin2.sg

goodluck :)

Amnezio7395 wrote:

Hey, yes its worth starting here its fun. We just got a brand new Forum thats why its not very filled yet.
      The population is more than fine i think the server got more Players than ever right now.

Yes SG is an official server.
      See you around ingame :)
      thanks for answers guys! hope so GM will answer me other questions :) i put game on downloading...cya in game soon :)
    • You should definitely start playing here. I am playing for a couple of months..so i'm kinda new as well. The game and the community are awesome ^^. There are ofc some people who hates everyone for no reason but there are not many of them. Most of the people are nice and willing to help new players , so i think you will enjoy playing here c:
      This is not a GAMEFORGE server so..and now i'm talking about me..is the last "normal" official metin2 server i could find..and it reminds me about metin2Us as well , which i loved to play in the past ^^.

• About all the updates which were implemented over the years check this link to the old forum : Here (you have to search through all threads in order to find all the posts about updates.)
      • About forum as marianne said , this is a new forum which was implemented some days ago. (i guess)
      • Regarding to the number of players , i think 70-75% of population is on Elgoria kingdom (blue) , 20-15% on Asmodia kingdom (yellow) and 10-5% on the Pandemonia kingdom (red). :)

Note : If you started / will start playing on the Pendemonia kingdom please don't be afraid to whisper me if you have any question or you need help with some low level items. (My ingame name is the same on the forum)

Welcome and good luck in your "journey" on this server ! ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by Arin ().

• Hello there, it is worth it to play here, they just opened Red Kingdom back because the population is growing and growing. It is a brand new forum, so for sure you will be expecting more new things coming in soon! If you starting to play, everyone is friendly and for sure they will help you.
      So what are you waiting for? Download the game , register, and log in. Make new friends and new life here xD. Goodluck and have fun playing. Hope you enjoy. c(:
    • Arin wrote:

You should definitely start playing here. I am playing for a couple of months..so i'm kinda new as well. The game and the community are awesome ^^. There are ofc some people who hates everyone for no reason but there are not many of them. Most of the people are nice and willing to help new players , so i think you will enjoy playing here c:
      This is not a GAMEFORGE server so..and now i'm talking about me..is the last "normal" official metin2 server i could find..and it reminds me about metin2Us as well , which i loved to play in the past ^^.

• About all the updates which were implemented over the years check this link to the old forum : Here (you have to search through all threads in order to find all the posts about updates.)
      • About forum as marianne said , this is a new forum which was implemented some days ago. (i guess)
      • Regarding to the number of players , i think 70-75% of population is on Elgoria kingdom (blue) , 20-15% on Asmodia kingdom (yellow) and 10-5% on the Pandemonia kingdom (red). :)

Note : If you started / will start playing on the Pendemonia kingdom please don't be afraid to whisper me if you have any question or you need help with some low level items. (My ingame name is the same on the forum)

Hi i always did played on red kingdom in metin 2 US but red kingdom was called Argos if i remember right...
      Thanks for all info! Did you played on red kingdom on US server?do you remember NewTry and Greeny's? xD

UnkoJP wrote:

Hello there, it is worth it to play here, they just opened Red Kingdom back because the population is growing and growing. It is a brand new forum, so for sure you will be expecting more new things coming in soon! If you starting to play, everyone is friendly and for sure they will help you.
      So what are you waiting for? Download the game , register, and log in. Make new friends and new life here xD. Goodluck and have fun playing. Hope you enjoy. c(:
      T\hanks i am trying game now

PrincePersia wrote:

whats u name in us
      i name raad in yellowe
      My name on US server was : Zopto(Argos red kingdom) i was a light mage (Always)
    • ZopZ wrote:

thanks for answers guys! hope so GM will answer me other questions :) i put game on downloading...cya in game soon :)
      Hello ZopZ.

Welcome to our community.

The players answered most of your questions. The only one left is the question about Facebook, and we don't think is necessary have a FB page because all the information regarding the server is gathered here, like events, announcements, guides or even a TS3 server.

Remember to read our rules first and If you have more questions about our server, there is a section here to ask about. Another choice is contact with us in-game (Eventually, GM/GA will announce they are online), use our live support system on the bottom right if it is online, send us a ticket here or send us a mail to info@tec-interactive.com. You can find all the information regarding the support on this forum.

Welcome again and see you in game :)

Check our Information about Every Event and our Event Calendar
      Send us feedback or suggestion about our Events Here

• ZopZ wrote:

Hi guys i am old metin 2 player back in 2007 i played on US server but i saw that it got shutdown...i am thinking to come back into metin 2 but i see that there is gameforge server and this one, i do not like gameforge i never like that company... just wondering is is worth to start playing on this server? i cant see any updates on website and forum is empty? how is game population here?also there is no facebook page for this server is it official?
      nevermind. goodluck
      Never gave in
      Never gave up
      Im the only thing im afraid of.

HowHigh

The post was edited 1 time, last by bombardieru ().

• Zopto wrote:

Arin wrote:

You should definitely start playing here. I am playing for a couple of months..so i'm kinda new as well. The game and the community are awesome ^^. There are ofc some people who hates everyone for no reason but there are not many of them. Most of the people are nice and willing to help new players , so i think you will enjoy playing here c:

Hi i always did played on red kingdom in metin 2 US but red kingdom was called Argos if i remember right...Thanks for all info! Did you played on red kingdom on US server?do you remember NewTry and Greeny's? xD
      I played on the blue kingdom on US , but i wasn't that great since i didn't knew anything about the game. I was around lv 50-60 , don't remember exactly. It took my like one year and a half to reach that point xD.
    • Yes for sure play here!! I was on .us since closed beta and have more on this server than i ever did there.

Ive been here maybe 6 months and am loving it!! Theres events all the time (not just once every 4 months), active staff, great support, item mall tradable in game so its not pay2win, and even low levels have a chance at making money, only metins lvl 70 and under drop spirit stones... best is the farm map2.

If you happen to join yellow let me know and i can try my best to help out!

Goodluck and best wishes

~Meyana / LillyMae
    • [TEC]Christopher wrote:

Dear Player,

Pertaining to the statement made by a staff from Gameforge, we provide herewith a comprehensive clarification on the matter.

1) Tec Interactive has been notified on 12 Aug 2014 that Webzen Ymir Games is not able to provide technical support for Metin2, sighting financial relevancy to supply technical manpower to support the work.

In fact, since December 2013, Webzen have not provide any genuine support to Metin2 under Tec Interactive. New content were faulty and usually a lack of interest displayed by Webzen’s staff to resolve critical issue that harms the game and creating numerous server downtime to the discomfort of our users.

In October 2013, hackers found their ways into Webzen servers and stole the source file for Metin2. In relation to that hacking incident, the consequences of which Metin2-SG files were compromised and released to public. No immediate action were taken by Webzen and we were left to fend ourselves in restoring security to our game.

2) Since the incident from late 2013, fixing game bug, building new content and tweaking game balances became our responsibility, after being denied any support from Webzen. Due to an astute and swift intervention, our newly appointed development team not only fixed all the critical bug but also brought a new chapter to the game with better content which are fun-filled and featuring a stable equilibrium match in characters’ attributes and dominance. Our prompt initiatives saved the game and avoided any disappointment to our valued users while we witnessed the devastating fall of other official Metin2 servers. Nonetheless, there was no apology or appreciation from the developer while royalties continued to be paid each month to Webzen and relationship reached a critical standstill.

3) Legal advice has been sought some months ago. Inevitably, we have identified several breach by Webzen in the Game Licensing Agreement on the failure of providing a stable game, non-fulfilment of providing updates and breach of good governance where game files were leaked, resulting in sudden boom of private servers, thereby creating stiff competition for the official Licensee. Of course, the aftermath ended with no action taken by Webzen to reduce our losses nor a remedy or an apology.

4) In view of (3), the management have begun legal redress from 2 weeks ago. We are still an official Licensee. We take pride in serving our valued users. We are indifferent compared with the other publishers. If we have not taken initiatives to rebuild the game, Metin2 would become a wasteland without game balances and game economy a frustrating nightmare for all.

Today, our in-game community continues to grow. Customer service has not slacken, not even an inch of slackening. Updates flow more regularly as we develop newer content from listening to players and extend it further with analytical logics.

Last but not least, we urge everyone not to listen to rumors but continue to have faith with the Team who brought you the best Metin2 versus the thousands out there. While we shall finally resolve the matter with Webzen at a later date, nothing shall stop us or slow us down to give you the best satisfaction in Metin2-SG.
      so i was looking on old forums to see what updates you guys have here...and i saw this....so Metin2 sg is not official anymore? webzen duck up again?is that a reason you guys didnt get wolf class ? to be honest i dont care much about official things i just want to see new content lol ,hope so you guys still have active dev team...
      Also i dont want to my private information leak out if i am planing to support you guys....that hacking thing is serious.....noting against you guys just want to be sure and safe
      edit : ok i read it more carefully you said sg is still official version but webzen dont support you guys?but it support Gameforge?what is the reason of that o,o i played SG all day and i had much more fun then on the US,exp is faster and community is friendly,and alot events from what i saw

The post was edited 3 times, last by Zopto ().

• Zopto wrote:

[TEC]Christopher wrote:

Dear Player,

Pertaining to the statement made by a staff from Gameforge, we provide herewith a comprehensive clarification on the matter.

1) Tec Interactive has been notified on 12 Aug 2014 that Webzen Ymir Games is not able to provide technical support for Metin2, sighting financial relevancy to supply technical manpower to support the work.

In fact, since December 2013, Webzen have not provide any genuine support to Metin2 under Tec Interactive. New content were faulty and usually a lack of interest displayed by Webzen’s staff to resolve critical issue that harms the game and creating numerous server downtime to the discomfort of our users.

In October 2013, hackers found their ways into Webzen servers and stole the source file for Metin2. In relation to that hacking incident, the consequences of which Metin2-SG files were compromised and released to public. No immediate action were taken by Webzen and we were left to fend ourselves in restoring security to our game.

2) Since the incident from late 2013, fixing game bug, building new content and tweaking game balances became our responsibility, after being denied any support from Webzen. Due to an astute and swift intervention, our newly appointed development team not only fixed all the critical bug but also brought a new chapter to the game with better content which are fun-filled and featuring a stable equilibrium match in characters’ attributes and dominance. Our prompt initiatives saved the game and avoided any disappointment to our valued users while we witnessed the devastating fall of other official Metin2 servers. Nonetheless, there was no apology or appreciation from the developer while royalties continued to be paid each month to Webzen and relationship reached a critical standstill.

3) Legal advice has been sought some months ago. Inevitably, we have identified several breach by Webzen in the Game Licensing Agreement on the failure of providing a stable game, non-fulfilment of providing updates and breach of good governance where game files were leaked, resulting in sudden boom of private servers, thereby creating stiff competition for the official Licensee. Of course, the aftermath ended with no action taken by Webzen to reduce our losses nor a remedy or an apology.

4) In view of (3), the management have begun legal redress from 2 weeks ago. We are still an official Licensee. We take pride in serving our valued users. We are indifferent compared with the other publishers. If we have not taken initiatives to rebuild the game, Metin2 would become a wasteland without game balances and game economy a frustrating nightmare for all.

Today, our in-game community continues to grow. Customer service has not slacken, not even an inch of slackening. Updates flow more regularly as we develop newer content from listening to players and extend it further with analytical logics.

Last but not least, we urge everyone not to listen to rumors but continue to have faith with the Team who brought you the best Metin2 versus the thousands out there. While we shall finally resolve the matter with Webzen at a later date, nothing shall stop us or slow us down to give you the best satisfaction in Metin2-SG.
      so i was looking on old forums to see what updates you guys have here...and i saw this....so Metin2 sg is not official anymore? webzen duck up again?is that a reason you guys didnt get wolf class ? to be honest i dont care much about official things i just want to see new content lol hope so you guys still have active dev team...Also i dont want to my private information leak out if i am planing to support you guys....that hacking thing is serious.....
      You really don't have to worry about that.

First, regarding the updates:

We don't have the werewolf not because of that. Is because is an unwanted update. Werewolf is a useless character made to earn money, since with a new class, everyone have to remake all their bonus' gears in order to fight against them. No more, no less.

SG is constantly updated with more useful updates, like the update of today, the Plague Dungeon or the Orc Mace. We have unique mobs, metins, pets or mounts like those from the Halloween Event, the Rarity System or the Ignore System.

Last, about the Security. Right now, due those incidents, SG security is more than stronger. As it said in that quote, Webzen's Servers were leaked, hence, ours were on risk too. They didn't help us so we had to care by ourselves. This independence made us to take care of security without any help and thanks to that, at this moment, you have my words you don't have to worry about this kind of stuff. Your information is safe.

About if we are legal or not. You just have to check this website and look at the bottom.

Check our Information about Every Event and our Event Calendar
      Send us feedback or suggestion about our Events Here

• Teirusu wrote:

You really don't have to worry about that.
      First, regarding the updates:

We don't have the werewolf not because of that. Is because is an unwanted update. Werewolf is a useless character made to earn money, since with a new class, everyone have to remake all their bonus' gears in order to fight against them. No more, no less.

SG is constantly updated with more useful updates, like the update of today, the Plague Dungeon or the Orc Mace. We have unique mobs, metins, pets or mounts like those from the Halloween Event, the Rarity System or the Ignore System.

Last, about the Security. Right now, due those incidents, SG security is more than stronger. As it said in that quote, Webzen's Servers were leaked, hence, ours were on risk too. They didn't help us so we had to care by ourselves. This independence made us to take care of security without any help and thanks to that, at this moment, you have my words you don't have to worry about this kind of stuff. Your information is safe.

About if we are legal or not. You just have to check this website and look at the bottom.
      Well that clears it out! sorry for the trouble! :)
    • I played Metin2UK like eons ago (actually around 10 years lol) that server made me hate game really ,man when i remember hacks,GM`s stealing things,glitches everywere,bad translation and what not , now that friend talked me into trying Metin2 onse again but on this server instead, it feels like totally new game to me it haz lots of content,no glitches ,community seems very nice,quests are polished etc
      Tbh though im gonna be like maybe playing for couple days than as soon when hacks,glitches etc (things that im used to on my old server) hits me that im gonna be uninstalling it for good but instead im liking SG lots and looking forward to it :)

Id totally recommend this server to everyone,especially to peoples who had bad experience on that european server!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fky ().